The finest international cuisine of highest quality – focusing on the essentials, the taste and the naturalness of the aromas. This is the maxim of Claus-Peter Lumpp and his team – and it is convincing, from the greeting sent by the kitchen to the crowning close of the meal. At his side are Pâtissier Stefan Leitner, Maître Thomas Brandt for service, and Sommelier Teoman Mezda. A glance at the menu announces in plain words what promises to be a fulminant treat for the palate: enjoy the sweet foretaste and let your anticipation melt on the tongue.
Claus-Peter Lumpp –
one of Germany’s best chefs
3-Star chef Claus-Peter Lumpp is a textbook example of a Bareisser; he loves and lives for what he does, places cuisine on the grand stage, and is always true to himself in his being and his creativity. He trained here at our hotel before travelling through half of Europe and perfecting his handiwork at the highest level, alongside acclaimed chefs such as Eckart Witzigmann and Alain Ducasse. In his heart he has always remained a Bareisser, and he too returned to us some time and has since led the gourmet restaurant Bareiss with his team of 10 personnel.
The team at the Restaurant Bareiss
Claus-Peter Lumpp is accompanied by Pâtissier Stefan Leitner, Maître Thomas Brandt for service, and Sommelier Teoman Mezda. Each of them with proven expertise, an old hand in their speciality, and a reliable partner in our Bareiss. And one must not forget the team behind the scenes, who day-for-day do high-performance work in the kitchen.
- Guide Michelin 2019: 3 stars, 4 red knives and forks (* since 1984, ** since 1985, *** since 2007)
- Gault Millau 2019: 19 points, 4 chef’s toques, 5 red knives and forks
- Der Feinschmecker 2018/2019: 5 out of 5 »F«
- Der Große Restaurant und Hotel Guide 2018: 5 out of 5 chef’s toques
- Schlemmer-Atlas 2019: 5 out of 5 Schlemmer-Atlas spoons
- Varta-Führer 2019: 5 out of 5 diamonds
- Gault Millau 2017 honoured Stefan Leitner as Pâtissier of the Year
- Gault Millau 2015 honoured Thomas Brandt as Maître of the Year
- Claus-Peter Lumpp is the winner of the International Eckart Witzigmann Prize 2011 in the category Life Culture and Sustainability