The finest international cuisine of highest quality – focusing on the essentials, the taste and the naturalness of the aromas. This is the maxim of Claus-Peter Lumpp and his team – and it is convincing, from the greeting sent by the kitchen to the crowning close of the meal. At his side are Pâtissier Stefan Leitner, Maître Thomas Brandt for service, and Sommelier Teoman Mezda. A glance at the menu announces in plain words what promises to be a fulminant treat for the palate: enjoy the sweet foretaste and let your anticipation melt on the tongue.
Holiday periods 2022
25 July to 26 August 2022 (open again for dinner on 26 August)
Exception: open on Monday, 3 October 2022
23 December to 24 December and 31 December 2022
Holiday periods 2023
1 January to 3 January 2023
13 February to 10 March 2023 (open again for dinner on 10 March)
24 July to 25 August 2023 (open again for dinner on 25 August)
23 December to 24 December 2023
The small, but fine, difference
Exclusive eating in a sophisticated atmosphere – nowadays often called ‘fine dining’ in modern parlance – with white tablecloths, fine tableware and cutlery, excellent cuisine, and first-class service. We, however, also value other very different aspects: a feeling for the perfect amount of contact with the guest, an eye for the right measure of natural courtesy and real friendliness. So that you can relax completely, feel totally at ease, and really enjoy our 3-star cuisine. Our 3-star Restaurant Bareiss should be your first address for unforgettable culinary highlights in the Black Forest.
Claus-Peter Lumpp –
one of Germany’s best chefs
3-Star chef Claus-Peter Lumpp is a textbook example of a Bareisser; he loves and lives for what he does, places cuisine on the grand stage, and is always true to himself in his being and his creativity. He trained here at our hotel before travelling through half of Europe and perfecting his handiwork at the highest level, alongside acclaimed chefs such as Eckart Witzigmann and Alain Ducasse. In his heart he has always remained a Bareisser, and he too returned to us some time and has since led the gourmet restaurant Bareiss with his team of 10 personnel.
The team at the Restaurant Bareiss
Claus-Peter Lumpp is accompanied by Pâtissier Stefan Leitner, Maître Thomas Brandt for service, and Sommelier Teoman Mezda. Each of them with proven expertise, an old hand in their speciality, and a reliable partner in our Bareiss. And one must not forget the team behind the scenes, who day-for-day do high-performance work in the kitchen.
- Guide Michelin 2022: 3 stars, 4 red knives and forks (* since 1984, ** since 1985, *** since 2007)
- Gault Millau 2021: 19 points, 4 chef’s toques, 5 red knives and forks
- Der Feinschmecker 2021: 5 out of 5 »F«
- Der Große Restaurant & Hotel Guide 2022: 5 out of 5 chef’s toques
- Gusto 2021/2022: 9 Gusto-pans with bonus arrow upwards
- Schlemmer-Atlas 2022: 5 out of 5 Schlemmer-Atlas spoons
- Varta-Führer 2022: 5 out of 5 diamonds
- Der Große Restaurant & Hotel Guide honoured Teoman Mezda as Sommelier of the Year 2022
- Der Große Restaurant & Hotel Guide honoured Stefan Leitner as Pâtissier of the Year 2021
- Gault Millau 2017 honoured Stefan Leitner as Pâtissier of the Year
- Gault Millau 2015 honoured Thomas Brandt as Maître of the Year
- Claus-Peter Lumpp is the winner of the International Eckart Witzigmann Prize 2011 in the category Life Culture and Sustainability
One of the world's best chefs photographed live and staged in his kitchen: Claus-Peter Lumpp, his team and patissier Stefan Leitner present themselves
in an extraordinary book project. A personal invitation to an exclusive visual delight on 448 pages with impressive insights and
picture sequences in two weighty volumes in a noble linen slipcase. Hand-signed and numbered, in a limited edition of 3.000 pieces.
Order now - available exclusively at Hotel Bareiss via our online shop.